Follow me on pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Moms and Daughters and Basketball

 

I spent a wonderful, quiet night with my very cute mommy (85-years-old – woohoo!) recently. She asked if I wanted to watch a Utah Jazz game with her, and I said, “Sure!”

Okay, so this is really bad of me, but this is the FIRST time I've watched a basketball game with my mom since eleven years ago! I didn't want to point that out to her, or she might feel bad. The last game we watched together was my San Antonio Spurs against her Utah Jazz.

When I watch MY team play, I'm very passionate, just like my a mom is when she watches hers… just as vocal, fists in the air, cheering, stomping and there's even some rage involved! Yes, I guess we're related! Problem is, when you're watching with your beloved mommy... it just gets OBVIOUS that you CAN'T disrespect her team! I wanted to SCREAM bad words at her team, and CHEER crazily for mine! So right then and there I had to take note NOT to watch another Jazz game with her. I have to also point out, that being a Spurs/Pistons/Celtics/Suns and many more teams fan, but severely disliking the Jazz (like how I didn't say hate?), I found it impossible to watch their games, see their home court or even hear anyone talk about them. Pretty bad when you live in Utah, right? And when I'd hear Hot Rod Huntly's voice as the announcer, I'd want to punch someone in the face! I was SO HAPPY when I heard he was retiring!

To sum up the joy of watching the game: I was sitting with my very cute and happy mommy, we were watching some very good basketball, they were playing at Boston - which has the PRETTIEST basketball court in the NBA (wood floor is prettier than most, and green is my favorite color, so soothing and happy). I honestly don't know ANY of the Jazz players now, and there was no annoying announcer named Hot Rod!!! Just two really good teams, beating the crap out of each other! Okay, so my mom did get sort of heated by the end, since the Jazz were getting bloody and the calls were not on their side. But what a fun game!

Note to my Mom: Mom, it's been WAY too long since we watched a game together! I loved watching with you! I can't believe the last time was SO LONG ago! This is all in fun, and my mind just creating, as ususal. Sorry you're offended. I'd NEVER want to make you feel bad. Hope you feel better soon! <3


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Dick Vitale...or however you spell it...as you do about Hotrod Hundley. I have hated his voice ever since Kevin started playing NCAA Basketball games on the Playstation. Torture!!!

    ReplyDelete